CBI should probe copter `kickbacks` under SC monitoring: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI(M) on Friday said the CBI enquiry into the alleged kickbacks paid by an Italian firm to clear the Rs 3,600 crore deal for VVIP helicopters should be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"We are not happy with the CBI probe announced by the government, because it acted against the VVIP helicopters matter only after it surfaced in Italy. So, we would like the CBI investigations under Supreme Court`s monitoring," party politburo member Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"The helicopters are so costly that even the United States had refused them on the cost factor when the company approached them. But India went ahead with purchasing the helicopters," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation