CBI should probe copter `kickbacks` under SC monitoring: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI(M) on Friday said the CBI enquiry into the alleged kickbacks paid by an Italian firm to clear the Rs 3,600 crore deal for VVIP helicopters should be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"We are not happy with the CBI probe announced by the government, because it acted against the VVIP helicopters matter only after it surfaced in Italy. So, we would like the CBI investigations under Supreme Court`s monitoring," party politburo member Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"The helicopters are so costly that even the United States had refused them on the cost factor when the company approached them. But India went ahead with purchasing the helicopters," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what