CBI should probe copter `kickbacks` under SC monitoring: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI(M) on Friday said the CBI enquiry into the alleged kickbacks paid by an Italian firm to clear the Rs 3,600 crore deal for VVIP helicopters should be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"We are not happy with the CBI probe announced by the government, because it acted against the VVIP helicopters matter only after it surfaced in Italy. So, we would like the CBI investigations under Supreme Court`s monitoring," party politburo member Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"The helicopters are so costly that even the United States had refused them on the cost factor when the company approached them. But India went ahead with purchasing the helicopters," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"