CBI should probe copter `kickbacks` under SC monitoring: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI(M) on Friday said the CBI enquiry into the alleged kickbacks paid by an Italian firm to clear the Rs 3,600 crore deal for VVIP helicopters should be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"We are not happy with the CBI probe announced by the government, because it acted against the VVIP helicopters matter only after it surfaced in Italy. So, we would like the CBI investigations under Supreme Court`s monitoring," party politburo member Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"The helicopters are so costly that even the United States had refused them on the cost factor when the company approached them. But India went ahead with purchasing the helicopters," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi