CBI should probe copter `kickbacks` under SC monitoring: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI(M) on Friday said the CBI enquiry into the alleged kickbacks paid by an Italian firm to clear the Rs 3,600 crore deal for VVIP helicopters should be monitored by the Supreme Court.
"We are not happy with the CBI probe announced by the government, because it acted against the VVIP helicopters matter only after it surfaced in Italy. So, we would like the CBI investigations under Supreme Court`s monitoring," party politburo member Brinda Karat told a press conference here.
"The helicopters are so costly that even the United States had refused them on the cost factor when the company approached them. But India went ahead with purchasing the helicopters," Karat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi