`CBI statement on black money made on SC report`
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said that CBI
chief A P Singh`s statement on black money stashed abroad was
based on the report of the Supreme Court-appointed committee
on black money.
"I have spoken to the CBI Director and he told me that he
made the statement on the basis of a report prepared by a
Supreme Court-appointed committee," Minister of State for
Personnel V Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said the Supreme Court made a committee on black money
and it had submitted its report. "He (CBI chief) mentioned
this (figure) on the basis of this report," the Minister said.
The Minister`s comments came on a day when the Swiss
Embassy in a press release said such estimates and statistics
lack evidence and are uncorroborated.
In an unusual step, the Embassy issued a press release
saying, "it wishes to make a clarification in view of
unsubstantiated media reports that have been recently
published about Switzerland and Swiss Banks."
But, the release, which did not mention CBI Chief`s
statement, said that Switzerland is not a tax haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug