`CBI statement on black money made on SC report`
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said that CBI
chief A P Singh`s statement on black money stashed abroad was
based on the report of the Supreme Court-appointed committee
on black money.
"I have spoken to the CBI Director and he told me that he
made the statement on the basis of a report prepared by a
Supreme Court-appointed committee," Minister of State for
Personnel V Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said the Supreme Court made a committee on black money
and it had submitted its report. "He (CBI chief) mentioned
this (figure) on the basis of this report," the Minister said.
The Minister`s comments came on a day when the Swiss
Embassy in a press release said such estimates and statistics
lack evidence and are uncorroborated.
In an unusual step, the Embassy issued a press release
saying, "it wishes to make a clarification in view of
unsubstantiated media reports that have been recently
published about Switzerland and Swiss Banks."
But, the release, which did not mention CBI Chief`s
statement, said that Switzerland is not a tax haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant