`CBI statement on black money made on SC report`
New Delhi: Government on Thursday said that CBI
chief A P Singh`s statement on black money stashed abroad was
based on the report of the Supreme Court-appointed committee
on black money.
"I have spoken to the CBI Director and he told me that he
made the statement on the basis of a report prepared by a
Supreme Court-appointed committee," Minister of State for
Personnel V Narayanasamy told reporters here.
He said the Supreme Court made a committee on black money
and it had submitted its report. "He (CBI chief) mentioned
this (figure) on the basis of this report," the Minister said.
The Minister`s comments came on a day when the Swiss
Embassy in a press release said such estimates and statistics
lack evidence and are uncorroborated.
In an unusual step, the Embassy issued a press release
saying, "it wishes to make a clarification in view of
unsubstantiated media reports that have been recently
published about Switzerland and Swiss Banks."
But, the release, which did not mention CBI Chief`s
statement, said that Switzerland is not a tax haven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown