CBI still looking for some coal files
New Delhi: CBI has not received the complete set of records it sought from the Coal Ministry in connection with its probe into alleged irregularities in the allocation of captive coal blocks.
According to CBI sources, preliminary analysis of latest tranche of documents shows that some documents sought by the agency are still being looked for by the ministry.
The sources said the ministry has provided them with the status report of files and some records which are related to the allocations which are under evaluation by the agency.
They said the ministry has so far not given any list of "missing records" to the agency and hence it cannot act on its own and register a case.
It looks some files have still not been provided in the latest tranche but any finality can only be reached after completing detailed scrutiny of the documents, they said.
"The Ministry has provided only those documents which are available with it. They are yet to give list of missing records, if any, and a complaint about it. Then only we will register a case," a senior official said.
In the last communication through Attorney General, CBI had listed out several records which the ministry had claimed that it has provided to the agency but actually were not handed over.
The scrutiny is being done to understand whether the files and documents provided by the ministry carry records sought by the agency or they are unrelated to the case, they said.
The agency in its letter dated September 2 to Attorney General G E Vahanvati had given a list of over 50 allocations, the records of which were still not provided.
CBI is looking for crucial records related to ongoing 13 cases filed by it in connection with the coal blocks allocation scam which include the letter of Congress MP Vijay Darda recommending coal block for AMR Iron and Steel, one of the accused companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what