CBI summons Ramdev aide as he goes missing
Dehradun/New Delhi: The CBI has summoned
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s aide Balkrishna on July 28 for
questioning as he went "missing" two days after a case was
registered against him for allegedly furnishing fake
educational degree for procuring a passport.
CBI sources said summons has been served through local
police on Balkrishna for appearing before the agency in
"It appears he is missing from his residence for two
days," the sources said.
The CBI has earlier issued a look-out notice against
Balkrishna after it registered a case against him under
section 420 (cheating) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) for
procuring the fake degree and violation of section 12 of the
Indian Passport Act (knowingly furnishing false documents for
The agency had also approached the External Affairs
Ministry seeking revocation of Balkrishna`s passport.
Earlier, a missing persons report has been lodged in
Kankhal police station in Haridwar late last night by
Balakrishna`s bodyguard Jayendra Singh Aswal.
According to the report, Aswal reached Balkrishna`s Divya
Yog ashram residence to accompany him to his Patanjali office
yesterday but Balkrishna asked him to go to the office alone
saying that he would leave later.
However, Aswal said, he waited till late in the evening
but Balkrishna did not come. After returning to Divya Yog
ashram, Aswal inquired about him but his whereabouts could not
be known following which he filed the report with the police.
The police team today reached Divya Yog ashram and
questioned its officials regarding Balkrishna`s whereabouts.
However, it was told that Balkrishna had gone for some "urgent
work" and he would soon return to the ashram.
The officials of ashram, denied having any knowledge as
to where Balkrishna had gone for work, police said.
Meanwhile, Haridwar Senior Superintendent of Police Kewal
Khurana said the police would investigate all the missing
cases of Haridwar including that of Shankar Dev, Guru of Baba
Shankar Dev had gone missing from his Haridwar ashram
four years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon