CBI takes over probe in Ranvir Sena Chief murder
New Delhi: Over a year after the killing of Ranvir Sena chief Bramheshwar Mukhiya, CBI has taken over investigation and registered a case in this regard following a request from Bihar government.
CBI sources said after the case was notified by the Department of Personnel and Training, agency took up the Bihar police FIR to start its investigations.
They said although Bihar government had recommended a CBI probe in the murder last year, it could not be taken up by the agency because of some technical issues.
The agency has recently given its consent to take up the case after which DoPT notified the case to CBI.
The Ranvir Sena chief was shot dead by gunmen when he was taking a stroll near his house in Khopira village in Bhojpur district on June 1, 2012.
He was earlier facing life imprisonment in various carnage cases and was acquitted and released from jail in April last year.
The chief of Ranvir Sena, a private militia of upper caste landlords, was allegedly responsible for perpetrating several killings including Laxmanpur Bathe massacre of 61 Dalits in December 1996.
His hand was also suspected in carnages that took place in the districts of Jahanabad, Aurangabad and Nawada in 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31