CBI team in Nashik to quiz Malegaon blast accused
Nashik: Armed with court nod, a CBI team
from Hyderabad today visited Nashik Road Central Jail and
began questioning the Malegaon blast accused in the light of
some leads emerging in the investigations into the 2007 bomb
explosion in a mosque in the Andhra Pradesh capital.
CBI officials arrived in the prison this morning, jail
The three-member team of the CBI, which is probing the
Mecca Masjid bombing in Hyderabad, was yesterday permitted by
a local court to interrogate the 11 Malegaon blast accused
lodged in the jail, between April 30 and May 5.
The accused include Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and
Army officer Prasad Purohit who are in judicial custody. The
Sadhvi is undergoing treatment in an ayurveda hospital here.
Investigations into the Hyderabad blast have revealed
cellphone conversation between Ramaji Kalsangra and Sandeep
Dange, absconding accused in the Malegaon case, and one
Chhapari, who has been arrested for the mosque bombings, CBI
has said in its application to the court here.
Nine people were killed in the mosque blast in
Hyderabad on May 18, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'