CBI team in Nashik to quiz Malegaon blast accused
Nashik: Armed with court nod, a CBI team
from Hyderabad today visited Nashik Road Central Jail and
began questioning the Malegaon blast accused in the light of
some leads emerging in the investigations into the 2007 bomb
explosion in a mosque in the Andhra Pradesh capital.
CBI officials arrived in the prison this morning, jail
The three-member team of the CBI, which is probing the
Mecca Masjid bombing in Hyderabad, was yesterday permitted by
a local court to interrogate the 11 Malegaon blast accused
lodged in the jail, between April 30 and May 5.
The accused include Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and
Army officer Prasad Purohit who are in judicial custody. The
Sadhvi is undergoing treatment in an ayurveda hospital here.
Investigations into the Hyderabad blast have revealed
cellphone conversation between Ramaji Kalsangra and Sandeep
Dange, absconding accused in the Malegaon case, and one
Chhapari, who has been arrested for the mosque bombings, CBI
has said in its application to the court here.
Nine people were killed in the mosque blast in
Hyderabad on May 18, 2007.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India