CBI to decide future course of action in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Virtually ruling out immediate arrest of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore and other accused in Ruchika molestation case, Haryana police Friday night said as the state government had asked the Centre to hand over the three fresh FIRs to CBI it would be in the interest of fair probe that the next move is decided by the central agency.
"Notification of the Central government for handing over the cases is expected anytime. It would therefore be in the interest of fair and thorough re-probe that the future course of action is decided by the CBI investigators", state police said in a late night statement following the rejection of the anticipatory bail of Rathore and another accused by a Panchkula court.
"Acceding to the demand of the Girhotra family the state government has sent a reference to the Central Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946 for a thorough re-probe by the CBI in all the three fresh cases" registered on the complaints of Ruchika`s father Subhash Chander Girhotra and brother Ashu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok