CBI to decide future course of action in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Virtually ruling out immediate arrest of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore and other accused in Ruchika molestation case, Haryana police Friday night said as the state government had asked the Centre to hand over the three fresh FIRs to CBI it would be in the interest of fair probe that the next move is decided by the central agency.
"Notification of the Central government for handing over the cases is expected anytime. It would therefore be in the interest of fair and thorough re-probe that the future course of action is decided by the CBI investigators", state police said in a late night statement following the rejection of the anticipatory bail of Rathore and another accused by a Panchkula court.
"Acceding to the demand of the Girhotra family the state government has sent a reference to the Central Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946 for a thorough re-probe by the CBI in all the three fresh cases" registered on the complaints of Ruchika`s father Subhash Chander Girhotra and brother Ashu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!