CBI to decide future course of action in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Virtually ruling out immediate arrest of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore and other accused in Ruchika molestation case, Haryana police Friday night said as the state government had asked the Centre to hand over the three fresh FIRs to CBI it would be in the interest of fair probe that the next move is decided by the central agency.
"Notification of the Central government for handing over the cases is expected anytime. It would therefore be in the interest of fair and thorough re-probe that the future course of action is decided by the CBI investigators", state police said in a late night statement following the rejection of the anticipatory bail of Rathore and another accused by a Panchkula court.
"Acceding to the demand of the Girhotra family the state government has sent a reference to the Central Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946 for a thorough re-probe by the CBI in all the three fresh cases" registered on the complaints of Ruchika`s father Subhash Chander Girhotra and brother Ashu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez