CBI to decide future course of action in Ruchika case
Chandigarh: Virtually ruling out immediate arrest of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore and other accused in Ruchika molestation case, Haryana police Friday night said as the state government had asked the Centre to hand over the three fresh FIRs to CBI it would be in the interest of fair probe that the next move is decided by the central agency.
"Notification of the Central government for handing over the cases is expected anytime. It would therefore be in the interest of fair and thorough re-probe that the future course of action is decided by the CBI investigators", state police said in a late night statement following the rejection of the anticipatory bail of Rathore and another accused by a Panchkula court.
"Acceding to the demand of the Girhotra family the state government has sent a reference to the Central Government under section 6 of the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946 for a thorough re-probe by the CBI in all the three fresh cases" registered on the complaints of Ruchika`s father Subhash Chander Girhotra and brother Ashu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan