CBI to file fresh FIR in coal scam
New Delhi: CBI will be filing a fresh case in connection with alleged irregularities in connection with allocation of coal blocks by the end of this month in which it may name a corporate and certain former officials of the Coal Ministry.
CBI sources said analysis of documents received from the Coal Ministry has shown one more instance of alleged irregularity.
The sources said a private company and some ex-officials of the coal ministry are under the scanner of the agency in connection with the alleged irregularities.
Refusing to give specifics of the case as it might hamper its search operations, the sources said the agency has completed its initial ground work and would register a case by the end of November.
CBI has registered 14 FIRs so far in connection with the alleged graft in allocation of coal blocks in which AMR Iron and Steel, JLD Yavatmal Energy, Vini Iron and Steel Udyog, JAS Infrastructure Capital Pvt Ltd, Vikash Metals, Grace Industries, Gagan Sponge, Jindal Steel and Power, Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, Jharkhand Ispat, Green Infrastructure, Kamal sponge, Pushp Steel and Hindalco have been named as accused.
The Supreme Court is monitoring the probe in the coal block allocation scam to "restore the larger public interest and confidence of the people into the case of this magnitude".
The court is scrutinising coal block allocation since 1993 on three PILs seeking cancellation of blocks on the ground that rules were flouted in giving away the natural resources and that certain companies were favoured in this process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir