CBI to freeze bank accounts linked to Jagan
New Delhi: The CBI has approached banks for freezing accounts of Jagati Publications and Indira TV owned by Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The move by the agency comes a day after a special CBI court in Hyderabad had issued summons to the YSR Congress president directing him to appear before it on May 28 in a disproportionate assets case.
The CBI had also named the representatives of Jagati publications and other business firms associated to Reddy in its chargesheet filed in the court on Tuesday.
The court had also summoned 12 others facing charges in the case to appear before it on the same day.
Managing Directors Srinivasa Reddy (Hetero Drugs), Nityananda Reddy (Aurobindo Pharma), Sarat Chandra Reddy (Trident Life Sciences), senior IAS officer BP Acharya, AP Industrial Infrastructure Corporation`s former officer Y Vijayalakshmi, former Company Secretary of Aurobindo Pharma Chandramouli are among those issued summons by the CBI court.
IAS officer Venkatarami Reddy, Ramky Group chairman Ayodhyarami Reddy, Jagati Publications (publisher of Sakshi Telugu daily) and Ramky Pharma India Limited have been named as the other accused in the case.
CBI said Ramky had invested Rs 10 crore in Jagati Publications as a quid pro quo for the benefits it secured from the then government headed by Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Besides, representatives of Jagati Publications, Hetero, Aurobindo, Trident Life Sciences, who have been named in the CBI charge sheet, have also been asked to appear in the court on May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu