CBI to freeze bank accounts linked to Jagan
New Delhi: The CBI has approached banks for freezing accounts of Jagati Publications and Indira TV owned by Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The move by the agency comes a day after a special CBI court in Hyderabad had issued summons to the YSR Congress president directing him to appear before it on May 28 in a disproportionate assets case.
The CBI had also named the representatives of Jagati publications and other business firms associated to Reddy in its chargesheet filed in the court on Tuesday.
The court had also summoned 12 others facing charges in the case to appear before it on the same day.
Managing Directors Srinivasa Reddy (Hetero Drugs), Nityananda Reddy (Aurobindo Pharma), Sarat Chandra Reddy (Trident Life Sciences), senior IAS officer BP Acharya, AP Industrial Infrastructure Corporation`s former officer Y Vijayalakshmi, former Company Secretary of Aurobindo Pharma Chandramouli are among those issued summons by the CBI court.
IAS officer Venkatarami Reddy, Ramky Group chairman Ayodhyarami Reddy, Jagati Publications (publisher of Sakshi Telugu daily) and Ramky Pharma India Limited have been named as the other accused in the case.
CBI said Ramky had invested Rs 10 crore in Jagati Publications as a quid pro quo for the benefits it secured from the then government headed by Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Besides, representatives of Jagati Publications, Hetero, Aurobindo, Trident Life Sciences, who have been named in the CBI charge sheet, have also been asked to appear in the court on May 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’