CBI to give presentation on Pandya case to PC
New Delhi: The CBI will be giving a
presentation to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on its
proposal to file a Special Leave Petition in Supreme Court
challenging the acquittal of 12 people in the murder of former
Gujarat Home Minister Haren Pandya in 2003.
Sources in the agency said a presentation was to be made
soon before the Home Minister during which it was expected
that he may point out to the CBI the possible weaknesses in
the case and suggest further course of action.
The agency has been making attempts for filing an SLP in
the Supreme Court but sources privy to the developments said
that different voices were emerging on whether the probe
agency should file an SLP or not.
Pandya was shot dead on the morning of March 26, 2003
from close range in Law Garden area of Ahmedabad and CBI took
over investigation of the case. Prior to this offence, an
attempt was made on the life of a local VHP leader named
Jagdish Tewari on March 11, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason