CBI to give presentation on Pandya case to PC
New Delhi: The CBI will be giving a
presentation to Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on its
proposal to file a Special Leave Petition in Supreme Court
challenging the acquittal of 12 people in the murder of former
Gujarat Home Minister Haren Pandya in 2003.
Sources in the agency said a presentation was to be made
soon before the Home Minister during which it was expected
that he may point out to the CBI the possible weaknesses in
the case and suggest further course of action.
The agency has been making attempts for filing an SLP in
the Supreme Court but sources privy to the developments said
that different voices were emerging on whether the probe
agency should file an SLP or not.
Pandya was shot dead on the morning of March 26, 2003
from close range in Law Garden area of Ahmedabad and CBI took
over investigation of the case. Prior to this offence, an
attempt was made on the life of a local VHP leader named
Jagdish Tewari on March 11, 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!