CBI to move SC to seek removal of officer arrested for bribery
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday will move the Supreme Court to seek the removal of the officer who was arrested on Friday while taking a bribe of Rs 7 lakh for settling down a land dispute.
Superintendent of Police Vivek Dutt, along with Inspector Rajesh Karnatak and two others, was arrested by the internal vigilance unit of the CBI from Lodhi Colony area in south Delhi. Notably, Dutt was said to be an investigating officer in the coal scam.
"Dutt was taking bribe of Rs 7 lakh for settling down a land dispute related to the Delhi Police. He was accompanied by the inspector," an agency official told a news agency.
"We had information about the dealing and we continued to maintain surveillance on them. After monitoring them for pretty long, today (Friday) they were arrested for taking the bribe", CBI director Ranjit Sinha said.
Sinha further said that the CBI would apprise the apex court of the developments since the SC had ruled that no official associated with the investigation into the coal scam would be transferred without informing it.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends