CBI to probe disappearance of Baba Ramdev’s guru
New Delhi/Haridwar: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will probe the disappearance of noted yoga guru Swami Ramdev’s guru and founder of Divya Yog Mandir Trust Swami Shankar Dev.
Swami Shankar Dev had gone missing on July 14, 2007 after he went out for a morning walk.
The Uttarakhand government had recommended a CBI probe into the disappearance of the Swami and after the investigation into the Swami`s disappearance by the state police did not yield any clue.
The FIR was filed by Ramdev’s aide Acharya Balkrishna at Kankhal police station three days after the Swami went missing under mysterious circumstances.
Ramdev welcomed a probe by the CBI. "I am ready for any probe. I am not afraid of any probe. Last year, I myself had submitted a memorandum to the President demanding a CBI probe or any probe under the supervision of a sitting Supreme Court judge," Ramdev had said.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh had last month raised the issue, saying something was wrong in the matter.
Ramdev rubbished the allegations that he had a fight with his guru and also that he had exerted any pressure to end the probe by the state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital