CBI to probe disappearance of Baba Ramdev’s guru
New Delhi/Haridwar: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will probe the disappearance of noted yoga guru Swami Ramdev’s guru and founder of Divya Yog Mandir Trust Swami Shankar Dev.
Swami Shankar Dev had gone missing on July 14, 2007 after he went out for a morning walk.
The Uttarakhand government had recommended a CBI probe into the disappearance of the Swami and after the investigation into the Swami`s disappearance by the state police did not yield any clue.
The FIR was filed by Ramdev’s aide Acharya Balkrishna at Kankhal police station three days after the Swami went missing under mysterious circumstances.
Ramdev welcomed a probe by the CBI. "I am ready for any probe. I am not afraid of any probe. Last year, I myself had submitted a memorandum to the President demanding a CBI probe or any probe under the supervision of a sitting Supreme Court judge," Ramdev had said.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh had last month raised the issue, saying something was wrong in the matter.
Ramdev rubbished the allegations that he had a fight with his guru and also that he had exerted any pressure to end the probe by the state police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!