CBI to question Buta Singh as witness in bribery case
Nagpur: Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) will question Buta Singh, chairman of All India
Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribes Commission, in connection
with his son`s arrest in a bribery case, CBI Joint Director
Rishiraj Singh said on Tuesday.
"Buta Singh will be questioned as a witness and not as a
co-accused or over his alleged involvement in the bribery case
of Rs one crore," Singh told a press conference.
Buta Singh`s son Sarobjit was arrested on July 31 by CBI
for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs one crore from a Nashik
based contractor to close an atrocity case against him. The
case is pending with the Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribes
Talking about speedy trials of CBI cases in the state,
Singh said two more special courts one each in Aurangabad and
Nagpur will be opened shortly adding to the existing 23
About vacancies lying in CBI, Singh said the State Police
has agreed to send inspector level officers on deputation
to CBI which will help overcome the staff crunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan