CBI to train officers in quizzing accused
New Delhi: with probe involving senior bureaucrats and politicians, the CBI has decided to train its officers in managing emotional quotients and overcoming any mental barriers while interrogating accused.
The CBI has decided to ink a MoU with Bangalore-based National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) for the purpose, officials said.
Experts at the NIMHANS will guide CBI officers mainly in interaction and understanding the behaviour of accused to be interrogated. Besides, they will also teach them on techniques to understand one`s mental behaviour, they said.
The NIMHANS is a multidisciplinary academic, research and healthcare institute for biological, behavioral and basic sciences in the country.
CBI is involved in investigation of high profile cases like 2G, coal blocks allocation and CWG-scam involving bureaucrats, politicians and corporate czars among others.
The programme, if formally agreed upon, will help CBI officers in quick and objective interrogation of the accused, the sources said.
The agency will train all its officers from the level of inspectors to deputy superintendents of police among others mainly involved in questioning of the accused and investigation of cases, they said.
NIMHANS is also known for providing psychiatric help and direct care to victims of calamities such as the Bhopal gas tragedy and recent floods in Uttarakhand among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician