CBI told to explain leak of Aseemanand`s testimony
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday asked the CBI
Director to explain how the confessional statement of Swami Aseemanand, an accused in the Ajmer dargah blast case, was leaked to the media.
"Issue a notice to the Director CBI to give report
regarding the circumstances under which the copy of the
confessional statement has been leaked to the media,"
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Sanjay Bansal said.
The court asked the probe agency to file its response
on February 15.
The court`s order came during the hearing of an
application filed by RSS functionary Devendra Gupta seeking
registration of an FIR against CBI and `Tehelka` magazine
under various penal provisions for the "deliberate" leakage of
Aseemanand`s confessional statement.
The confession was recorded in Delhi by a Metropolitan
Magistrate on December 18 last year in an in-camera
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?