CBI wants to probe about `politician` who helped Davy escape
New Delhi: The CBI wishes to write "the
last chapter" of the Purulia arms drop case as the agency
wants to know the name of a politician, if any, who had helped
the main accused Kim Davy escape from Mumbai airport.
Source in the agency said the CBI is ready to probe
the mysterious escape of Purulia arms drop case accused Kim
Davy with the alleged help of a politician from Mumbai
airport, if he gives details about him during his trial before
Indian courts after his extradition from Denmark.
Sources in the agency said the "last chapter of this
mystery will be written by Davy himself" as the CBI so far has
not found involvement of any politician in the Purulia arms
"The details about the escape can only be provided by
Kim Davy. Let him come to India and say in the court whatever
he is claiming through media interviews. Once he gives his
statement in the court, we are ready to probe in every
possible lead provided by him," a senior official of the
Davy, in a media interview, had alleged an MP from
Bihar had helped him escape from the country to Denmark after
his infamous air-dropping operation of sophisticated weapons
in Purulia in West Bengal on the night of December 17, 1995.
A CBI team has recently returned from Denmark where a
five-judge bench of the Danish High Court, first to be
constituted since 1957, concluded hearing extradition case of
Davy. The bench is likely to pronounce its decision in the
case before the start of their summer vacations which begin
some time in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen