CBI wants to probe about `politician` who helped Davy escape
New Delhi: The CBI wishes to write "the
last chapter" of the Purulia arms drop case as the agency
wants to know the name of a politician, if any, who had helped
the main accused Kim Davy escape from Mumbai airport.
Source in the agency said the CBI is ready to probe
the mysterious escape of Purulia arms drop case accused Kim
Davy with the alleged help of a politician from Mumbai
airport, if he gives details about him during his trial before
Indian courts after his extradition from Denmark.
Sources in the agency said the "last chapter of this
mystery will be written by Davy himself" as the CBI so far has
not found involvement of any politician in the Purulia arms
"The details about the escape can only be provided by
Kim Davy. Let him come to India and say in the court whatever
he is claiming through media interviews. Once he gives his
statement in the court, we are ready to probe in every
possible lead provided by him," a senior official of the
Davy, in a media interview, had alleged an MP from
Bihar had helped him escape from the country to Denmark after
his infamous air-dropping operation of sophisticated weapons
in Purulia in West Bengal on the night of December 17, 1995.
A CBI team has recently returned from Denmark where a
five-judge bench of the Danish High Court, first to be
constituted since 1957, concluded hearing extradition case of
Davy. The bench is likely to pronounce its decision in the
case before the start of their summer vacations which begin
some time in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read