CBI welcome to probe Prashant Bhushan: Kejriwal
New Delhi: The CBI should probe allegations against Prashant Bhushan over his property in Himachal Pradesh to clear the air, social activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal said Monday.
The comment came as Kejriwal resumed his attack against Law Minister Salman Khurshid.
A person from the crowd that had gathered in Jantar Mantar climbed on to the stage and said Bhushan too should be probed on allegations.
"Hum inki baat ka samarthan karte hain aur maang karte hain sarkar se ke Prashant Bhushan ke khilaf CBI ki jaanch honi chahiye (We agree with his suggestion and demand that Prashant Bhushan should be probed by the CBI)," Kejriwal said.
The Congress had raised questions over the property held by Bhushan in Himachal Pradesh after Kejriwal and his team alleged corruption in property acquisitions by Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra in Gurgaon.
Bhushan, a Supreme Court lawyer, has been a member of India Against Corruption (IAC) since the movement started.
Allegations have earlier been raised against Prashant Bhushan`s father and IAC member Shanti Bhushan, blaming him for evasion of property taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder