CBI yet to recover original `forged` letter of PM
New Delhi: The CBI probe into alleged forged
letter of the Prime Minister to External Affairs Minister
reportedly recommending purchase of books by a particular
writer for Indian Missions abroad has hit a stumbling block
with the original document yet to be recovered by the agency.
The CBI has received the fax copy of the letter which
bears forged signatures of the Prime Minister but the original
copy of the document is yet to be recovered by it, agency
The letter allegedly received by the External Affairs
Ministry in 2009 was addressed to the Minister SM Krishna and
was forwarded by the PMO to the CBI asking the agency to start
a probe as it was not issued from their end.
The letter asked the MEA to purchase over three thousand
books titled `Cultural History and Tourism` by Dr Ramesh
Nirmal for Indian Missions abroad. It was later discovered
that the letter was forged.
Following the detection of forgery, the PMO asked CBI
director AP Singh to look into the matter, they said.
Sources said that a case of forgery and cheating has been
registered and entire emphasis is on recovering the original
letter as neither the MEA nor the agency has it.
They said finding the original letter sent to MEA was
important for forensic examination which may reveal crucial
details about the writer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi