CBI`s difficulty in filing charge sheet against Raja
New Delhi: CBI would find it difficult to file a charge sheet against former Telecom Minister A Raja and others in the 2G spectrum case by March 31, the timeline about which it has given an assurance to the Supreme Court.
This was stated by CBI Director A P Singh when he deposed
before Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) here
yesterday on the 2G spectrum allocation.
A member of the Committee, headed by BJP`s Murli Manohar
Joshi, said the CBI chief did not explain the problems in
meeting the deadline.
The probe agency had assured the apex court that it will
file the first charge sheet about its investigation into the
scam that took place during the regime of A Raja by March 31,
The court had asked the agency to get the charge sheet
vetted by it before filing it in the designated court.
Recently, the SC had directed the government to set up a
special court exclusively to try the 2G spectrum case.
Following the directions, the Law Ministry is reported to
be in touch with Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court for
nominating a judge to head the special court.
Since the Enforcement Directorate is likely to file cases
under Prevention of Money Laundering Act in the same court, it
should be headed by a sessions judge.
This is necessary under the provisions of the Money
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference