CBI`s difficulty in filing charge sheet against Raja
New Delhi: CBI would find it difficult to file a charge sheet against former Telecom Minister A Raja and others in the 2G spectrum case by March 31, the timeline about which it has given an assurance to the Supreme Court.
This was stated by CBI Director A P Singh when he deposed
before Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) here
yesterday on the 2G spectrum allocation.
A member of the Committee, headed by BJP`s Murli Manohar
Joshi, said the CBI chief did not explain the problems in
meeting the deadline.
The probe agency had assured the apex court that it will
file the first charge sheet about its investigation into the
scam that took place during the regime of A Raja by March 31,
The court had asked the agency to get the charge sheet
vetted by it before filing it in the designated court.
Recently, the SC had directed the government to set up a
special court exclusively to try the 2G spectrum case.
Following the directions, the Law Ministry is reported to
be in touch with Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court for
nominating a judge to head the special court.
Since the Enforcement Directorate is likely to file cases
under Prevention of Money Laundering Act in the same court, it
should be headed by a sessions judge.
This is necessary under the provisions of the Money
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it