CBI`s difficulty in filing charge sheet against Raja
New Delhi: CBI would find it difficult to file a charge sheet against former Telecom Minister A Raja and others in the 2G spectrum case by March 31, the timeline about which it has given an assurance to the Supreme Court.
This was stated by CBI Director A P Singh when he deposed
before Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) here
yesterday on the 2G spectrum allocation.
A member of the Committee, headed by BJP`s Murli Manohar
Joshi, said the CBI chief did not explain the problems in
meeting the deadline.
The probe agency had assured the apex court that it will
file the first charge sheet about its investigation into the
scam that took place during the regime of A Raja by March 31,
The court had asked the agency to get the charge sheet
vetted by it before filing it in the designated court.
Recently, the SC had directed the government to set up a
special court exclusively to try the 2G spectrum case.
Following the directions, the Law Ministry is reported to
be in touch with Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court for
nominating a judge to head the special court.
Since the Enforcement Directorate is likely to file cases
under Prevention of Money Laundering Act in the same court, it
should be headed by a sessions judge.
This is necessary under the provisions of the Money
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India