CBSE Class 10 Results 2012 – 99.66% pass in Chennai
Chennai: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class X examination results for the Chennai region were announced on Monday with an overall 99.66 pass percentage.
Out of 1,52,024 students who appeared for the examination, a total of 1,51,509 have qualified for admission to higher classes under the new continuous comprehensive evaluation (CCE) system, an official release said in Chennai.
results can be checked by visiting the CBSE website -http://cbseresults.nic.in/.
A total of 2,117 schools, including independent schools, Jawahar Navodaya and Kendriya Vidyalayas, appeared in the examination in the Chennai region comprising Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep and Puducherry.
With the CBSE making board exam optional, only 97,259 students had registered for the board exam with others opting for school-based test, CBSE Regional Officer D T Sudharsan Rao said.
Under the CCE, the performance is assessed encompassing students` achievements in scholastic as well as co-scholastic areas. The overall performance is reflected in individual subjects in the form of grades instead of marks.
A total of 432 students, who finished in the rock-bottom grades of E1 and E2, are put under the category EIOP (Eligible for Improvement of Performance) and can appear for improvement of their performance as per board rules, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey