CBSE Class 10 Results: Girls outshine boys
New Delhi: Girls once again outshone boys in class X CBSE results announced on Thursday, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.19.
The overall pass figure is about two per cent higher than last year`s results.
The pass percentage of girls stood at 98.48 per cent as compared to 97.98 per cent in case of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region at 99.45 was the highest in the country. The results in that region were declared on May 21.
In total, 11,79,182 candidates were registered for class X examination this year, an increase of about 11 per cent over last year.
Since last year, CBSE class X examination is being conducted under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE)scheme and the results are reflected in grades.
The class XII results are also expected to be declared this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez