CBSE Class 10 Results: Girls outshine boys
New Delhi: Girls once again outshone boys in class X CBSE results announced on Thursday, which recorded a pass percentage of 98.19.
The overall pass figure is about two per cent higher than last year`s results.
The pass percentage of girls stood at 98.48 per cent as compared to 97.98 per cent in case of boys.
According to a CBSE statement, the pass percentage in Chennai region at 99.45 was the highest in the country. The results in that region were declared on May 21.
In total, 11,79,182 candidates were registered for class X examination this year, an increase of about 11 per cent over last year.
Since last year, CBSE class X examination is being conducted under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE)scheme and the results are reflected in grades.
The class XII results are also expected to be declared this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites