CBSE class 12 exam: Pass percentage dips in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi registered a minor dip in the CBSE Class XII pass percentage this year though girls from the region improved their tally by a notch crossing the 90 per cent mark.
Of the over 2.28 lakh students who appeared for the exam from the Delhi region this year, 85.40 per cent passed, a dip from last year`s pass percentage of 85.45.
Girls, however, improved their tally this time, securing a pass percentage of 90.06 from last year`s 89.72. This year, a total of 1.09 lakh girls appeared for the exam and 98,185 of them passed.
Of the total 1.19 lakh boys who appeared for the exam, 96,916 of them passed, taking their pass percentage to 81.14 -- down from last year`s 81.58 per cent.
In good news for government schools, the pass percentage has increased to 87.70 per cent this time from last year`s 87.53 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred