CBSE class 12 exam: Pass percentage dips in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi registered a minor dip in the CBSE Class XII pass percentage this year though girls from the region improved their tally by a notch crossing the 90 per cent mark.
Of the over 2.28 lakh students who appeared for the exam from the Delhi region this year, 85.40 per cent passed, a dip from last year`s pass percentage of 85.45.
Girls, however, improved their tally this time, securing a pass percentage of 90.06 from last year`s 89.72. This year, a total of 1.09 lakh girls appeared for the exam and 98,185 of them passed.
Of the total 1.19 lakh boys who appeared for the exam, 96,916 of them passed, taking their pass percentage to 81.14 -- down from last year`s 81.58 per cent.
In good news for government schools, the pass percentage has increased to 87.70 per cent this time from last year`s 87.53 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal