CBSE Class 12 Results: Girls fair better than boys
Chennai: Once again girls outshone boys in the Class 12 CBSE exam in the Chennai region which took the top slot in the country with an overall pass percentage of 90.59.
Girls recorded a pass percentage of 92.67 as against 88.87 by the boys in the exam results of which were declared today.
"Of the 36,923 boys appeared, 32,813 passed while 28,526 of the total 30,784 girls cleared the exam," D T Sudharsan Rao, Regional Officer of CBSE, Chennai region told reporters here.
Chennai region comprises Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
The overall pass percentage of states are Andhra Pradesh (87.53), Karnataka (96.46), Maharashtra (92.77), Tamil Nadu (95.57), Kerala (91.60), Andaman and Nicobar (66.68), Daman and Diu (82.61), Goa (97.21), Lakshadweep (66.67) and Puducherry (95.98).
Rao said that compartment examinations would take place on July 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler