CBSE Class 12 Results: Girls fair better than boys
Chennai: Once again girls outshone boys in the Class 12 CBSE exam in the Chennai region which took the top slot in the country with an overall pass percentage of 90.59.
Girls recorded a pass percentage of 92.67 as against 88.87 by the boys in the exam results of which were declared today.
"Of the 36,923 boys appeared, 32,813 passed while 28,526 of the total 30,784 girls cleared the exam," D T Sudharsan Rao, Regional Officer of CBSE, Chennai region told reporters here.
Chennai region comprises Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
The overall pass percentage of states are Andhra Pradesh (87.53), Karnataka (96.46), Maharashtra (92.77), Tamil Nadu (95.57), Kerala (91.60), Andaman and Nicobar (66.68), Daman and Diu (82.61), Goa (97.21), Lakshadweep (66.67) and Puducherry (95.98).
Rao said that compartment examinations would take place on July 16.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Inhalation therapy, a key to win big against asthma
- HCL Tech Q3 net profit grows 14.4% to Rs 1,926 crore
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report