CBSE Class 12 Results: Girls fair better than boys
Chennai: Once again girls outshone boys in the Class 12 CBSE exam in the Chennai region which took the top slot in the country with an overall pass percentage of 90.59.
Girls recorded a pass percentage of 92.67 as against 88.87 by the boys in the exam results of which were declared today.
"Of the 36,923 boys appeared, 32,813 passed while 28,526 of the total 30,784 girls cleared the exam," D T Sudharsan Rao, Regional Officer of CBSE, Chennai region told reporters here.
Chennai region comprises Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
The overall pass percentage of states are Andhra Pradesh (87.53), Karnataka (96.46), Maharashtra (92.77), Tamil Nadu (95.57), Kerala (91.60), Andaman and Nicobar (66.68), Daman and Diu (82.61), Goa (97.21), Lakshadweep (66.67) and Puducherry (95.98).
Rao said that compartment examinations would take place on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday