CBSE Class 12 Results: Girls fair better than boys
Chennai: Once again girls outshone boys in the Class 12 CBSE exam in the Chennai region which took the top slot in the country with an overall pass percentage of 90.59.
Girls recorded a pass percentage of 92.67 as against 88.87 by the boys in the exam results of which were declared today.
"Of the 36,923 boys appeared, 32,813 passed while 28,526 of the total 30,784 girls cleared the exam," D T Sudharsan Rao, Regional Officer of CBSE, Chennai region told reporters here.
Chennai region comprises Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
The overall pass percentage of states are Andhra Pradesh (87.53), Karnataka (96.46), Maharashtra (92.77), Tamil Nadu (95.57), Kerala (91.60), Andaman and Nicobar (66.68), Daman and Diu (82.61), Goa (97.21), Lakshadweep (66.67) and Puducherry (95.98).
Rao said that compartment examinations would take place on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui