CBSE Class 12 Results: Girls fair better than boys
Chennai: Once again girls outshone boys in the Class 12 CBSE exam in the Chennai region which took the top slot in the country with an overall pass percentage of 90.59.
Girls recorded a pass percentage of 92.67 as against 88.87 by the boys in the exam results of which were declared today.
"Of the 36,923 boys appeared, 32,813 passed while 28,526 of the total 30,784 girls cleared the exam," D T Sudharsan Rao, Regional Officer of CBSE, Chennai region told reporters here.
Chennai region comprises Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
The overall pass percentage of states are Andhra Pradesh (87.53), Karnataka (96.46), Maharashtra (92.77), Tamil Nadu (95.57), Kerala (91.60), Andaman and Nicobar (66.68), Daman and Diu (82.61), Goa (97.21), Lakshadweep (66.67) and Puducherry (95.98).
Rao said that compartment examinations would take place on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing