CBSE Class X, XII board exams begin
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) Class X and XII exams are beginning on Friday.
While over 12 lakh students will appear for the Class X examination, nearly 10 lakh will sit for the Class XII test.
In all, 12,59,202 students will be sitting for the class X examination, an increase of 6.70 per cent over last year.
Similarly, 9,42,035 students will be taking the class XII examination also beginning March 1, which is an increase of 15.51 per cent over last year.
This year CBSE has provided facilities to schools to generate `online roll no. wise` list of candidates appearing in 2013 Class X and XII examinations. School can also generate online admit card for their regular students appearing in this year`s Board tests.
From this year, CBSE will introduce `value based questions` in all major subjects for Classes X and XII up to 3-5 marks.
CBSE has also decided to reduce the number of chances for compartment for Class XII to three from five. Likewise, the number of attempts for `improvement of performance` for Class X has been reduced to one from five.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof