CBSE course committees to have student nominees
New Delhi: Students who have passed out class XII will get a chance to participate in CBSE course committees which are reconstituted every three years.
Based on the performance and in consultation with the schools, CBSE will nominate students to these committees.
CBSE is confident that the student-nominees will actively contribute towards the development of its courses.
It also considers the involvement of students in framing the syllabus essential since the nominees will have a clear understanding of the prospects of the subject along with the limitations.
"We wish to make the courses and syllabus more inclusive and application-based. Since the course and syllabus prepared by committees is to be followed by students, we will hear their voice. I am sure the inputs given by the students will help designing the courses better," said CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi.
CBSE has Course Committees for all its courses including vocational subjects. The committee discusses, debates, collects various inputs and ideas related to subject disciplines and reviews them to suit the needs of its students, parents and society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her