CBSE starts helpline for students
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday said it has launched a helpline for Class X and XII students to provide psychological counselling to them to deal with examination-related stress.
"The CBSE has launched a helpline for Class X and XII during May-June at the time of declaration of results. It will provide psychological counselling to students to deal with examination related stress," the HRD Ministry said in a release.
The counselling facility is offered through toll free numbers accessible from any part of the country and students can dial a toll free number 1800118004, it said.
"The students are connected to the principals or the counsellors in case of exam related anxiety or stress. This is strengthened by providing services through Question-Answer columns in Hindi and English National dailies, On-Line counselling and through information on the CBSE Website," it said.
The CBSE started the counselling services this year on February 1 during exams.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know