CBSE starts helpline for students
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday said it has launched a helpline for Class X and XII students to provide psychological counselling to them to deal with examination-related stress.
"The CBSE has launched a helpline for Class X and XII during May-June at the time of declaration of results. It will provide psychological counselling to students to deal with examination related stress," the HRD Ministry said in a release.
The counselling facility is offered through toll free numbers accessible from any part of the country and students can dial a toll free number 1800118004, it said.
"The students are connected to the principals or the counsellors in case of exam related anxiety or stress. This is strengthened by providing services through Question-Answer columns in Hindi and English National dailies, On-Line counselling and through information on the CBSE Website," it said.
The CBSE started the counselling services this year on February 1 during exams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4