CBSE starts helpline for students
New Delhi: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday said it has launched a helpline for Class X and XII students to provide psychological counselling to them to deal with examination-related stress.
"The CBSE has launched a helpline for Class X and XII during May-June at the time of declaration of results. It will provide psychological counselling to students to deal with examination related stress," the HRD Ministry said in a release.
The counselling facility is offered through toll free numbers accessible from any part of the country and students can dial a toll free number 1800118004, it said.
"The students are connected to the principals or the counsellors in case of exam related anxiety or stress. This is strengthened by providing services through Question-Answer columns in Hindi and English National dailies, On-Line counselling and through information on the CBSE Website," it said.
The CBSE started the counselling services this year on February 1 during exams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says