CBSE to conduct pre-exam counselling from Tuesday
New Delhi: With the examination season round the corner, the pre-exam counselling by CBSE will begin from Tuesday and continue till April 17.
About 66 principals and trained counsellors from CBSE- affiliated government and private schools besides a few psychologist will participate in tele-counselling and address exam-related psychological problems of the students.
Of them, 56 would be available in India while 10 would be located in Saudi Arabia, UAE, Nepal, Kuwait, Oman and Tokyo.
Students can dial a toll free number 1800118004 from any part of the country which will give centralised access to CBSE helpline.
While the general queries will be answered by the operators, students will be connected to the principals or counsellors in case of exam related anxiety or stress.
This is the 16th consecutive year that CBSE will provide psychological counselling services to students at the time of preparation as well as during the examinations to overcome exam related stress.
The counselling is an outreach programme of CBSE designed keeping the heterogeneity of students` population and geographical spread in mind.
Multiple modes of communication such as telephonic counselling, question answers columns in newspapers and online counselling through CBSE website are used to reach out to more and more examinees during this phase.
CBSE has also arranged to provide counselling to specially-abled children to take care of the needs and anxiety of special children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says