CCEA approves establishing National Clean Energy Fund
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday approved
setting up of a National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF), that would
invest in entrepreneurial ventures as research activities in
clean energy technologies.
The fund was approved by the Cabinet Committee on
Economic Affairs, headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The Finance Bill (2010-11) had provided for creation of
"NCEF will be used for funding research and innovative
projects in clean energy technologies. Any project or scheme
for innovative methods to adopt to clean energy technology and
research & development shall be eligible for funding," an
official statement said.
An Inter Ministerial Group (IMG) has been constituted to
approve projects/schemes eligible for financing under NCEF.
Finance Secretary would be the Chairperson of the IMG.
In recent times, there has been increased interest in
clean energy projects worldwide. Going by estimates, India
attracted about USD 4 billion private investments for clean
energy projects in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?