CCPA meet expected to discuss Telangana issue
New Delhi: A meeting of the Cabinet
Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) is scheduled this
evening to make an apparent bid to find a way out in the wake
of the crisis triggered by the decision to carve out a
The meeting to be chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh is being held on a day when fissures in the Congress in
Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana issue came to the fore in
the Lok Sabha.
Party MPs from Telangana have demanded disciplinary
action against Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, son of late Chief
Minister Y S Rajashekhara Reddy, who along with some other
party members joining a TDP protest in the Lok Sabha against
the decision for creation of a separate state.
The decision on separate Telangana has opened floodgates
for demands for creation of smaller states in other parts of
the country, which appears to have made the government as also
the Congress wary.
MPs from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions have been meeting
Central leaders for the last few days to press for a united
Andhra Pradesh and they are claiming that government is
expected to make a statement soon in order to defuse the
situation caused by the announcement on Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!