CCPA meet expected to discuss Telangana issue
New Delhi: A meeting of the Cabinet
Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) is scheduled this
evening to make an apparent bid to find a way out in the wake
of the crisis triggered by the decision to carve out a
The meeting to be chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh is being held on a day when fissures in the Congress in
Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana issue came to the fore in
the Lok Sabha.
Party MPs from Telangana have demanded disciplinary
action against Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, son of late Chief
Minister Y S Rajashekhara Reddy, who along with some other
party members joining a TDP protest in the Lok Sabha against
the decision for creation of a separate state.
The decision on separate Telangana has opened floodgates
for demands for creation of smaller states in other parts of
the country, which appears to have made the government as also
the Congress wary.
MPs from Andhra and Rayalaseema regions have been meeting
Central leaders for the last few days to press for a united
Andhra Pradesh and they are claiming that government is
expected to make a statement soon in order to defuse the
situation caused by the announcement on Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India