CCS discusses foreign secretary talks; gives green signal
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Security
today decided that the Foreign Secretary-level talks would
take place as per schedule on February 25 as it discussed the
issue in the backdrop of the Pune blast.
The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
attended by Home Minister P Chidambaram, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and
Defence Minister A K Antony thoroughly deliberated on the
issue of forthcoming talks, sources said.
The hour-long meeting weighed pros and cons of going
ahead with the talks as also the agenda that should figure in
the parleys, they said.
It was decided that Saturday`s Pune blast should not
affect the schedule of the talks between the foreign
secretaries of India and Pakistan and these should take place.
However, the meeting was of the view that there would be
a rethink if any more terror attack takes place, the sources
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao and Union Home Secretary G K Pillai
were also present during the CCS meeting.
Chidambaram provided an update on investigation into the
Emerging from the meeting, Chidambaram said, "I briefed
the CCS on Pune blasts."
Sources yesterday said there should be no "knee-jerk"
reaction to the bomb attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!