CCS discusses foreign secretary talks; gives green signal
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on Security
today decided that the Foreign Secretary-level talks would
take place as per schedule on February 25 as it discussed the
issue in the backdrop of the Pune blast.
The meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and
attended by Home Minister P Chidambaram, Finance Minister
Pranab Mukherjee, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and
Defence Minister A K Antony thoroughly deliberated on the
issue of forthcoming talks, sources said.
The hour-long meeting weighed pros and cons of going
ahead with the talks as also the agenda that should figure in
the parleys, they said.
It was decided that Saturday`s Pune blast should not
affect the schedule of the talks between the foreign
secretaries of India and Pakistan and these should take place.
However, the meeting was of the view that there would be
a rethink if any more terror attack takes place, the sources
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Foreign
Secretary Nirupama Rao and Union Home Secretary G K Pillai
were also present during the CCS meeting.
Chidambaram provided an update on investigation into the
Emerging from the meeting, Chidambaram said, "I briefed
the CCS on Pune blasts."
Sources yesterday said there should be no "knee-jerk"
reaction to the bomb attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced