CCS meeting discusses Varanasi blast, security scene
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on
Security (CCS) met on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed
about the Varanasi blast and the overall security situation in
According to sources, the CCS, headed by Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, was briefed by Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who returned from the temple town today, about
the incident, groups suspected to be behind it and steps being
taken to nab the culprits.
The meeting also took stock of the country`s overall
security situation and measures taken.
Terror struck Varanasi yesterday when a low-intensity
blast ripped through a crowded bathing ghat on the banks of
the Ganges river during evening prayers killing a child and
injuring 37 people, including six foreigners.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources