CCS meeting discusses Varanasi blast, security scene
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on
Security (CCS) met on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed
about the Varanasi blast and the overall security situation in
According to sources, the CCS, headed by Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, was briefed by Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who returned from the temple town today, about
the incident, groups suspected to be behind it and steps being
taken to nab the culprits.
The meeting also took stock of the country`s overall
security situation and measures taken.
Terror struck Varanasi yesterday when a low-intensity
blast ripped through a crowded bathing ghat on the banks of
the Ganges river during evening prayers killing a child and
injuring 37 people, including six foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets