CCS meeting discusses Varanasi blast, security scene
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on
Security (CCS) met on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed
about the Varanasi blast and the overall security situation in
According to sources, the CCS, headed by Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, was briefed by Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who returned from the temple town today, about
the incident, groups suspected to be behind it and steps being
taken to nab the culprits.
The meeting also took stock of the country`s overall
security situation and measures taken.
Terror struck Varanasi yesterday when a low-intensity
blast ripped through a crowded bathing ghat on the banks of
the Ganges river during evening prayers killing a child and
injuring 37 people, including six foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery