CCS meeting discusses Varanasi blast, security scene
New Delhi: The Cabinet Committee on
Security (CCS) met on Wednesday and is understood to have discussed
about the Varanasi blast and the overall security situation in
According to sources, the CCS, headed by Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh, was briefed by Home Minister P
Chidambaram, who returned from the temple town today, about
the incident, groups suspected to be behind it and steps being
taken to nab the culprits.
The meeting also took stock of the country`s overall
security situation and measures taken.
Terror struck Varanasi yesterday when a low-intensity
blast ripped through a crowded bathing ghat on the banks of
the Ganges river during evening prayers killing a child and
injuring 37 people, including six foreigners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!