CD involving Abhishek serious issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said the CD controversy allegedly involving Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi is a serious issue and the party expects a clarification from him in Parliament for the reasons behind his decision to step down from Chairmanship of the Law and Justice Committee.
Asked for BJP`s reaction to Singhvi`s decision to step down, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said "this is a serious matter and the party has so far restrained itself from speaking on the issue. I hope Parliament will get an explanation from him on his decision to resign."
Singhvi is a member of the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. He resigned from Chairmanship of the Standing Committee on Law and Justice as well as the post of spokesperson of Congress party.
He has said the purported CD is "doctored".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites