CD involving Abhishek serious issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said the CD controversy allegedly involving Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi is a serious issue and the party expects a clarification from him in Parliament for the reasons behind his decision to step down from Chairmanship of the Law and Justice Committee.
Asked for BJP`s reaction to Singhvi`s decision to step down, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said "this is a serious matter and the party has so far restrained itself from speaking on the issue. I hope Parliament will get an explanation from him on his decision to resign."
Singhvi is a member of the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. He resigned from Chairmanship of the Standing Committee on Law and Justice as well as the post of spokesperson of Congress party.
He has said the purported CD is "doctored".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'