CD involving Abhishek serious issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said the CD controversy allegedly involving Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi is a serious issue and the party expects a clarification from him in Parliament for the reasons behind his decision to step down from Chairmanship of the Law and Justice Committee.
Asked for BJP`s reaction to Singhvi`s decision to step down, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said "this is a serious matter and the party has so far restrained itself from speaking on the issue. I hope Parliament will get an explanation from him on his decision to resign."
Singhvi is a member of the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan. He resigned from Chairmanship of the Standing Committee on Law and Justice as well as the post of spokesperson of Congress party.
He has said the purported CD is "doctored".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far