CD of Hasan Ali`s custodial interrogation placed before SC
New Delhi: An IPS officer of Maharashtra,
who had secretly recorded the custodial interrogation of Hasan
Ali Khan, on Friday placed its CD before the Supreme Court
alleging that names of important public figures were disclosed
by the Pune stud farm owner.
A S Deshbhratar, 56, pleaded that he should be allowed
to assist the court in black money case in which Khan is one
of the accused for stashing huge money in foreign banks.
He alleged that the state government was averse to his
approaching the court and that it had victimised him by
suspending him. He claimed attempts were also made to prevent
him from coming to the national capital to assist the court.
A bench of Justices S Sudershan Reddy and S S Nijjar
took serious view of the allegations and directed the ED and
the state government to file their response. The court also
asked the government to allow him to come to Delhi to assist
the court in the matter.
Senior advocate Ram Jetmalani, appearing for the
officer, alleged that he is being victimised because he has
got crucial information regarding involvement of high profile
people in the case which he would reveal to the court.
"It is his duty as a public servent to assist the
court in this matter specially because he himself had carried
out the crucial investigation and interrogation of Hasan Ali
Khan," the officer said in his petition while pleading to the
apex court to allow him to assist it in black money case.
The officer, who was recently suspended, alleged that
false allegations were being levelled against him to discredit
the investigation carried out by him in the case.
"The false allegations have been made to discredit the
investigation done by me and to deny me promotion for having
had the courage to record the statement in which the names of
high and mighty figured," he said, adding that he "personally
saw two letters on the letter head of Ahmad Patel addressed to
Chief Minister of the state."
"Instead of appreciating the work of the applicant, I
was repeatedly harassed by being transfered from place to
place," he said, claiming that the "state government be
directed to refrain from obstructing him from meeting my
advocates for the purpose of briefing them in the case and for
attending the hearings before the Supreme Court on the dates
when the matter is on board."
Besides the ED probe, Khan, who is in judicial
custody, is also facing a nearly Rs 70,000 crore tax demand
notice from the Income-Tax Department.
The court was hearing a PIL seeking retrieval of black
money stashed away by Indian citizens in banks abroad. The PIL
had been filed by Jethmalani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow