CD row: Bhushans blame govt
New Delhi: Noted lawyer Prashant Bhushan, who is a member of the joint committee to draft Lokpal Bill along with his father Shanti Bhushan, who is involved in a CD controversy, on Thursday blamed the government for being involved in a smear campaign to malign his family.
Targeting the ruling disposition, Prashant Bhushan said, “No one has seen the report by the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL), which is a government controlled laboratory. This obviously means that the government is involved in a smear campaign to malign the reputation of my family.”
Vowing that his family will not surrender to these tactics and continue to fight against corruption, the junior Bhushan said, “All of Mulayam Singh’s voice has been lifted, all this indicates a foul play by those in power.”
Prashant Bhushan made this statement hours after the government forensic lab (CSFL) claimed that
a controversial CD containing purported telephone conversation between eminent lawyer Shanti Bhushan, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh over ‘fixing a judge’ was not doctored.
In view of the CFSL report, the pressure on the Bhushans has increased manifolds to step down from the Lokpal Bill Drafting Committee.
The forensic analysis conducted by CFSL located in Hyderabad said "there is continuity in the conversation".
"Recorded conversation is in continuity, no abrupt change in speech signal has been detected," police sources said quoting from the report.
They also said there was no change in background voice pattern.
The purported telephone conversation between Shanti Bhushan, Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh suggested attempts being made at influencing a judge.
However, S R Singh, Director of Truth Labs, which conducted its tests on behalf of Bhushan, maintained that he would stand by the report he had given that it was doctored.
The conversation had "multiple gaps and signs of electronic editing at very very critical places", Singh had said in his report.
The CD and its transcript were shown to complainant Shashi Bhushan, who is co-chairperson of the joint committee to draft the Lok Pal Bill, and got it countersigned by Bhushan before it was given to the lab for testing, they said.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said the case has been transferred to the special cell for
Sources said they may call in Bhushan for questioning in connection with the case. They also said the genuineness of the CD can be conclusively proved if they can find the original CD and compare it with the audio files.
The new report triggered a fresh round of war of words with Amar Singh demanding the resignation of Shanti Bhushan and Prashant Bhushan from the joint drafting committee on Lokpal Bill while civil society members raised doubts over the forensic test reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015