CD row: Kejriwal says political conspiracy, calls emergency meet
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: With the rift between him and his mentor Anna Hazare coming out in the open and now a CD claiming that all is not well between the two, Aam Admi Party (AAP) president Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday called an emergency meeting to discuss the issue.
The emergency meeting was called hours after a previously recorded video, which shows Anna Hazare expressing grave concerns over the misuse of funds collected during the Ramlila Maidan protests, emerged.
The video of a closed-door meeting, recorded in December 2012, shows Anna saying he was disappointed with the way the over Rs 3 crores collected for the Lokpal campaign in his name were being misused.
The emergence of the video has drawn sharp reactions from the Kejriwal`s camp, which described it as part of a smear campaign to discredit the AAP, which is making its political debut in the December 4 Delhi Assembly Elections.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh has questioned the timing of the emergence of the video and asked why the CD has emerged just a fortnight before the Delhi elections?
Also Read: Kejriwal misused Lokpal agitation funds: Anna Hazare in video
Calling it a political conspiracy, Singh has said that his party is ready for any kind of probe. “If we are found guilty, AAP will withdraw from contesting elections," he stated.
Amid talks of a rift between him and his mentor Anna Hazare, Kejriwal on Tuesday sent close aide Kumar Vishwas to the social crusader`s village Ralegan Siddhi to meet him.
Vishwas is believed to have explained to Anna AAP`s position on the issues raised by him.
Anna had yesterday categorically told the AAP not to use his name in any way during campaigning for the Delhi Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list