CD row: Singhvi out of Congress briefings
New Delhi: Amid reports about a CD involving him, Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi has kept away from party briefings this week.
"At this moment, we can only say this much that he was not available for briefing on Monday", Congress sources said when asked about reports that he was taken off the roster of media briefings in the wake of controversy surrounding him.
Singhvi, who briefs the media formally every week on Monday, said he would request that the speculation over him should stop.
"On Monday morning itself, I had informed the party office that I was indisposed," he said.
The Delhi High Court has recently restrained a media house from publishing, telecasting and broadcasting the contents of a CD pertaining to Singhvi, who is also a leading advocate.
Singhvi has alleged that the CD was "forged, concocted, morphed and fabricated". Any move to telecast the alleged CD would infringe the right to reputation of Singhvi, the plea to the High Court had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand