CD row: Singhvi out of Congress briefings
New Delhi: Amid reports about a CD involving him, Congress spokesman Abhishek Singhvi has kept away from party briefings this week.
"At this moment, we can only say this much that he was not available for briefing on Monday", Congress sources said when asked about reports that he was taken off the roster of media briefings in the wake of controversy surrounding him.
Singhvi, who briefs the media formally every week on Monday, said he would request that the speculation over him should stop.
"On Monday morning itself, I had informed the party office that I was indisposed," he said.
The Delhi High Court has recently restrained a media house from publishing, telecasting and broadcasting the contents of a CD pertaining to Singhvi, who is also a leading advocate.
Singhvi has alleged that the CD was "forged, concocted, morphed and fabricated". Any move to telecast the alleged CD would infringe the right to reputation of Singhvi, the plea to the High Court had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed