Ceasefire violation issue: India, Pakistan DGMOs to meet Dec 24
Islamabad/ New Delhi: The Director Generals of Military Operation (DGMO) of India and Pakistan will meet at the Attari-Wagah border Dec 24 to discuss ways to prevent violation of ceasefire on the Line of Control (LoC), sources said.
The DGMO of Pakistan Tuesday invited his Indian counterpart for a meeting to strengthen the mechanisms for ensuring a ceasefire along the LoC. The proposal was accepted by India, sources said.
The decision to hold DGMO-level talks was taken by Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif Sep 29 on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting in New York in view of the frequent violations of ceasefire along the LoC.
The LoC in Jammu and Kashmir has seen several ceasefire violations and violent incidents in recent months.
The Dec 24 meeting of the two DGMOs will take place on the Pakistan side of Wagah border, sources said.
The Indian side will be represented by DGMO Lt Gen Vinod Bhatia while Pakistan will be represented by his counterpart Maj Gen Amir Riaz.
The two DGMOs usually talk on the hotline Tuesdays.
Five Indian soldiers were killed in an attack in August, leading to tension along the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read