Ceasefire violations: BJP asks PM what he achieved by meeting Sharif
New Delhi: With ceasefire violations increasing, BJP today said Pakistan has virtually launched a war against India and questioned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as to what he had achieved by meeting Nawaz Sharif last month despite stiff opposition back home.
The main opposition party said ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts on the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir had gone up by "200 per cent" since Singh met Sharif in New York on September 29, demonstrating that Pakistan was encouraged by the UPA government`s "soft" approach.
"Pakistan`s intent is suspect. It has dishonest mentality. It has virtually declared a war against India but our response is not adequate," BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He criticised the Prime Minister for meeting Sharif despite Pakistan having "evil designs" and said the incidents of ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts have increased, rather than decrease.
"What was the outcome of the Prime Minister`s ambitious talks with Sharif? The Prime Minister should answer what he has achieved by meeting Sharif despite opposition," the BJP leader said.
He alleged that Singh, by meeting Sharif, had given the message that the Indian government is "soft" towards terrorism.
Naqvi described Pakistan as "the headquarters of terrorism" which is hurting not only India but the entire world.
He said if Narendra Modi becomes the Prime Minister, terror menace will eliminated from India.
"JuD chief Hafiz Saeed says Modi is their enemy number one. That is because he knows Modi will finish them if he becomes the Prime Minister," Naqvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!