Ceasefire violations: India, Pakistan DGMOs talk over phone
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After repeated ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC), senior officials from Pakistan and India spoke on the phone over the issue on Tuesday.
Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMO) of India and Pakistan reportedly had a discussion over ceasefire violations going on from the past few months.
An Army official said that the DGMOs from both the sides reportedly talk every Tuesday over the phone and discuss the LoC and IB.
In a recent offensive, heavy firing by the Pakistani troops in the Bhimber Gali sector in Poonch took place today afternoon.
Earlier, the Indian positions in RS Pura sector of the international border in Jammu district were targeted by Pakistan on late Monday night.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today visited Jammu and Kashmir and reviewed the security situation in Samba sector.
There have been regular instances of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) and International Border (IB) by Pakistan in the recent months.
Intelligence reports have allegedly suggested the presence of Lashkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed along the LoC. Shinde further said that Saeed has reportedly been facilitating the cross border infiltration.
136 ceasefire violations have been reported so far this year, the highest in the past eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened