Ceasefire violations: Indian Army chief meets PM
New Delhi: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Monday, official sources said.
The meeting came in the backdrop of increased ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army at the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The Army Chief met the prime minister. The meeting lasted for 15 minutes," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office told IANS.
It is not immediately known what was discussed.
But sources said the army chief appraised the prime minister about the steps taken after the five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops who crossed the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre