Ceasefire violations: Indian Army chief meets PM
New Delhi: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Monday, official sources said.
The meeting came in the backdrop of increased ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army at the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The Army Chief met the prime minister. The meeting lasted for 15 minutes," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office told IANS.
It is not immediately known what was discussed.
But sources said the army chief appraised the prime minister about the steps taken after the five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops who crossed the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you