Ceasefire violations: Indian Army chief meets PM
New Delhi: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Monday, official sources said.
The meeting came in the backdrop of increased ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army at the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The Army Chief met the prime minister. The meeting lasted for 15 minutes," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office told IANS.
It is not immediately known what was discussed.
But sources said the army chief appraised the prime minister about the steps taken after the five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops who crossed the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS