Ceasefire violations: Indian Army chief meets PM
New Delhi: Indian Army chief General Bikram Singh met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here Monday, official sources said.
The meeting came in the backdrop of increased ceasefire violations by the Pakistan Army at the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The Army Chief met the prime minister. The meeting lasted for 15 minutes," an official in the Prime Minister`s Office told IANS.
It is not immediately known what was discussed.
But sources said the army chief appraised the prime minister about the steps taken after the five Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops who crossed the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman