Ceasefire violations: `Why foreign secy level talks with Pakistan?`
New Delhi: A JD(U) member in Rajya Sabha on Tuesday questioned government`s decision to hold foreign secretary level talks with Pakistan asking what is its policy framework of dealing with that country in the face of "incessant ceasefire violations".
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Pawan Varma (JD-U) said, "19 ceasefire violations have taken place since the new government took place...19 incidents took place in just two months."
He said these emanate from the terrorist camps in Pakistan and the continuance of ceasefire violations now mean that in winter months, the country is likely to see a great many terrorists in the Valley.
Ruing that terrorist activities have risen in the Valley, he also reminded that while BJP had taken a very strong stand against Pakistan prior to Lok Sabha polls, it invited Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif after elections and foreign secretary level talks are happening on August 25.
"There is no composite agenda. We are told it is talks for talks. They have not stopped violations at the LoC and yet we are holding foreign secretary level talks.
"What is the policy framework of the government in dealing with Pakistan in face of continued and incessant ceasefire violations by that country," Varma questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you