CEC clears poll tickets of several ministers in Maharashtra
New Delhi: Poll tickets of several Maharashtra ministers were believed to have been cleared by the Congress Central Election Committee, which decided over 90 seats for the October 13 Assembly elections.
The CEC, which included Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and top party leaders, met at party chief Sonia Gandhi`s residence and reportedly cleared at least half of the seats that the Congress plans to contest.
Congress and NCP are fighting the elections together and there have been reports that Congress would be contesting 174 seats and NCP 114 seats.
The seat-sharing talks between the two parties have been continuing for the past two days and now differences have been narrowed down to three seats in Pune and Mumbai.
Maharashtra has a 288-member assembly and the Congress and NCP had contested together in the last elections also.
There have been many a claimant for the Congress ticket, including sons and kith and kins of many party leaders.
Rajendra alias Rao Saheb Shekhawat, the son of President Pratibha Patil, is also an aspirant. He wants party ticket from Amravati in Vidarbha region, which is currently being held by Sunil Deshmukh, a Congress leader who is Minister of State for Finance.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and PCC Chief Manik Rao Thackrey have been camping here for the last few days for the ticket distribution exercise as also holding talks with the NCP over seat-sharing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday