Ceiling of Lok Sabha leaks during debate
New Delhi: Law Makers had the first hand experience of the Monsoon Thursday night with Lok Sabha witnessing a major leakage in the ceiling.
Though senior BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy drew the attention of KV Thomas who was in the chair, he sought to ignore it and continued with the discussion on General Budget.
"This is being looked into. Let the discussion continue," the Chair ruled when Rudy said "members have pointed out leakage at the ceiling" of the historic building.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley who is expected to reply to the two-day debate tomorrow was also present in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional