Ceiling of Lok Sabha leaks during debate
New Delhi: Law Makers had the first hand experience of the Monsoon Thursday night with Lok Sabha witnessing a major leakage in the ceiling.
Though senior BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy drew the attention of KV Thomas who was in the chair, he sought to ignore it and continued with the discussion on General Budget.
"This is being looked into. Let the discussion continue," the Chair ruled when Rudy said "members have pointed out leakage at the ceiling" of the historic building.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley who is expected to reply to the two-day debate tomorrow was also present in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users