Ceiling of Lok Sabha leaks during debate
New Delhi: Law Makers had the first hand experience of the Monsoon Thursday night with Lok Sabha witnessing a major leakage in the ceiling.
Though senior BJP member Rajiv Pratap Rudy drew the attention of KV Thomas who was in the chair, he sought to ignore it and continued with the discussion on General Budget.
"This is being looked into. Let the discussion continue," the Chair ruled when Rudy said "members have pointed out leakage at the ceiling" of the historic building.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley who is expected to reply to the two-day debate tomorrow was also present in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing