Celebrate Modi`s birthday as global `Feku` day, says Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress held a two-hour sit-in on the occasion of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s birthday on Tuesday to remind him of his tall promises which are yet to be fulfilled.
"People should celebrate September 17 which is Modi`s birthday, as international `Feku` day," Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia said after the sit-in.
The Gujarat Congress also passed a resolution listing tall promises made by Modi, which the opposition party claimed, he never fulfilled.
"Narendra Modi promised that farmers in Gujarat would soon be riding Maruti cars. In Mehsana, he had said that if taps are opened, crude oil would flow instead of water," Modhvadia said.
During his "sadbhavana" fast held in 2011, Modi had promised that he would build 50 lakh houses for the poor in five years.
"All his tall promises are never going to be fulfilled. We passed a resolution reminding him of all the tall promises made by him which have not yet been fulfilled," Modhvadia said.
Leader of the Opposition in the Gujarat assembly Shankarsinh Vaghela charged the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Jurassic World 2' to begin production in Hawaii next year
- Liam Payne will reunite with One Direction, says his sister
- Orlando Bloom 'happy' for Miranda Kerr
- Planning to visit Africa? Check out these top 5 places for sure
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?