Celebrate Modi`s birthday as global `Feku` day, says Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress held a two-hour sit-in on the occasion of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s birthday on Tuesday to remind him of his tall promises which are yet to be fulfilled.
"People should celebrate September 17 which is Modi`s birthday, as international `Feku` day," Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia said after the sit-in.
The Gujarat Congress also passed a resolution listing tall promises made by Modi, which the opposition party claimed, he never fulfilled.
"Narendra Modi promised that farmers in Gujarat would soon be riding Maruti cars. In Mehsana, he had said that if taps are opened, crude oil would flow instead of water," Modhvadia said.
During his "sadbhavana" fast held in 2011, Modi had promised that he would build 50 lakh houses for the poor in five years.
"All his tall promises are never going to be fulfilled. We passed a resolution reminding him of all the tall promises made by him which have not yet been fulfilled," Modhvadia said.
Leader of the Opposition in the Gujarat assembly Shankarsinh Vaghela charged the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested