Celebrations in Pranab`s `sasur bari` ahead of his visit today
Dhaka: Indian President Pranab Mukherjee`s "sasur bari" or in-laws` place in Narail district of Bangladesh is in celebratory mood, waiting to greet their "jamai" or son-in-law when he pays them his first-ever visit on Tuesday.
Mukherjee is to visit his in-law`s home along with his wife Shuvra Mukherjee at Bhadrabila village of the district.
The house of Mukherjee`s in-laws has been given a facelift by the local administration ahead of the first couple`s visit. The road has been repaired.
Mukherjee and his wife are to fly in a chopper to Narail, around 150 km away.
Kanai Lal Ghosh, brother of Shuvra, who has been living at their ancestral home, also confirmed their arrival and said he along with the villagers are ready to receive Mukherjee for whom it will be his maiden visit.
Local fish varieties, especially hilsa fish curry, and different kinds of pitha sweets are to be in the lunch menu for the honoured guests.
Narail Deputy Commissioner M. Zohirul Haque has been quoted as saying that the President is likely to stay at his father-in-law`s house in the village for about an hour and then leave for Kushtia district to visit Rabindranath Tagore`s Kuthibari at Shilaidaha.
Security personnel of both countries have been working in tandem to ensure security and have visited the area several times.
An Indian team from the high commission had also visited Narail about three weeks ago. Mukherjee is also slated to visit Shuvra`s maternal uncle`s home at Tularampur village under Sadar upazila.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani