Censor board CEO, held in bribery case, to be produced before court today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) CEO Rakesh Kumar, who was arrested on Monday in a bribery case, will be presented before a court on Tuesday.
Kumar was arrested on Monday evening. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had on last Thursday carried out a search at Kumar`s residence in Mumbai in connection with the case.
CBFC advisory panel member and an authorised agent for censor certification Shripati Mishra has already been arrested by the agency for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 70,000 for issuing a certificate to "Mor Dauki Ke Bihav", a regional film from Chhatisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok