Censor board CEO, held in bribery case, to be produced before court today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) CEO Rakesh Kumar, who was arrested on Monday in a bribery case, will be presented before a court on Tuesday.
Kumar was arrested on Monday evening. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had on last Thursday carried out a search at Kumar`s residence in Mumbai in connection with the case.
CBFC advisory panel member and an authorised agent for censor certification Shripati Mishra has already been arrested by the agency for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs 70,000 for issuing a certificate to "Mor Dauki Ke Bihav", a regional film from Chhatisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi