Census 2011 will cover illegal immigrants too
New Delhi: The Census 2011 will cover all
people living in India, including illegal immigrants from
Registrar-General and Census Commissioner C Chandramouli
today said the exercise will cover anyone living in India and
enumerators would not ask their nationality.
"Everybody will be counted even if he has illegally
entered (in India)," he told reporters at a function organised
for unveiling of the logo of census enumerators by Home
Minister P Chidambaram.
Chandramouli was asked whether illegal immigrants from
Bangladesh will be counted.
He made it clear that the information collected about
individuals will be kept absolutely confidential. In fact,
this information is not accessible even to courts of law.
Chandramouli said except the foreign embassies and
consulates, all houses, religious and public places will be
counted during the massive exercise.
The vital part of Census 2011 -- the population
enumeration -- will be conducted across the country
simultaneously between February 9 and 28. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!