Central advisory board for realignment of Child Labour Project
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of the enactment of the Right to Education Act, a Central advisory board has favoured "realignment" of the National Child Labour
Project, which seeks to enroll rehabilitated children in special schools, with programmes relating to mainstream education.
The Central Advisory Board on Child Labour has said that since the RTE mandates education for every child, the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) should be realigned with programmes of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
During a meeting chaired by Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge yesterday, the Board stressed the need for further convergence of the NCLP with other programmes and schemes of other ministries.
It also underscored the need to link the NCLP programme with the Panchayati Raj system and the need to associate NCLP with other skill development initiative, said
an official of the Labour and Employment Ministry.
The meeting also called for periodic evaluation of the NCLP and highlighted the need to form a sub-committee comprising members of Central Advisory Board for periodical
monitoring of the scheme besides evaluation of child labour programmes.
The meeting was held in the backdrop of survey reports suggesting that several states are lagging behind in proper execution of NCLP, especially mainstreaming enrolled children
in special schools.
As per NCLP societies, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan and West Bengal had not mainstreamed any child enrolled in special schools during 2008-09.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!