Central advisory board for realignment of Child Labour Project
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of the enactment of the Right to Education Act, a Central advisory board has favoured "realignment" of the National Child Labour
Project, which seeks to enroll rehabilitated children in special schools, with programmes relating to mainstream education.
The Central Advisory Board on Child Labour has said that since the RTE mandates education for every child, the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) should be realigned with programmes of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
During a meeting chaired by Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge yesterday, the Board stressed the need for further convergence of the NCLP with other programmes and schemes of other ministries.
It also underscored the need to link the NCLP programme with the Panchayati Raj system and the need to associate NCLP with other skill development initiative, said
an official of the Labour and Employment Ministry.
The meeting also called for periodic evaluation of the NCLP and highlighted the need to form a sub-committee comprising members of Central Advisory Board for periodical
monitoring of the scheme besides evaluation of child labour programmes.
The meeting was held in the backdrop of survey reports suggesting that several states are lagging behind in proper execution of NCLP, especially mainstreaming enrolled children
in special schools.
As per NCLP societies, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan and West Bengal had not mainstreamed any child enrolled in special schools during 2008-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC