Central Apprenticeship Council gives nod for revised stipends
New Delhi: The long pending revision of the
minimum rate of stipend of apprentices was today accepted
by the council governing apprenticeship programme along with
the online issue of apprenticeship certificate at its annual
The Central Apprenticeship Council accepted the revised
stipend while observing that there has a 37 per cent rise in
Consumer Price Index since the stipend was last revised in
The revised stipend has been fixed at Rs 1,490 per month
from Rs 1,090 in the the first year for trade apprentices and,
likewise, from Rs 1,620 to Rs 2,220 per month in the fourth
The revision in case of graduate apprentices has been
fixed at Rs 3,560 per month and Rs 2,530 per month for
`sandwich course` students from degree institutions.
Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge, who
chaired the meeting, said efforts should be made to train at
least 10 lakh apprentices every year in all sectors keeping in
mind the increased requirement of skilled hands in the
He said while there was a capacity of about 2.86 lakh
seats in 188 designated trades, only about 2.01 seats could be
Minister of State for Human Resource and Development
D Purandeswari said, "Bringing dignity to vocational and skill
development programmes" is the prime concern today.
She suggested providing multi-lateral entry and exit
system in the education system to make vocational education
more attractive and said her ministry was trying to integrate
the polytechnic institute with the mainstream education
The meeting also accepted widening the coverage of
apprenticeship training scheme by including new trades meant
for unorganised sectors.
It also agreed to develop a web portal through which an
employer and establishment can choose right kind of candidates
as apprentices and prospective trainees can apply to employers
for apprenticeship training.
The meeting also favoured to withdraw norms like
issuing no objection certificates to out-station candidates
seeking engagement in an establishment and online issue of
national apprenticeship certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends