Central Apprenticeship Council gives nod for revised stipends
New Delhi: The long pending revision of the
minimum rate of stipend of apprentices was today accepted
by the council governing apprenticeship programme along with
the online issue of apprenticeship certificate at its annual
The Central Apprenticeship Council accepted the revised
stipend while observing that there has a 37 per cent rise in
Consumer Price Index since the stipend was last revised in
The revised stipend has been fixed at Rs 1,490 per month
from Rs 1,090 in the the first year for trade apprentices and,
likewise, from Rs 1,620 to Rs 2,220 per month in the fourth
The revision in case of graduate apprentices has been
fixed at Rs 3,560 per month and Rs 2,530 per month for
`sandwich course` students from degree institutions.
Labour and Employment Minister Mallikarjun Kharge, who
chaired the meeting, said efforts should be made to train at
least 10 lakh apprentices every year in all sectors keeping in
mind the increased requirement of skilled hands in the
He said while there was a capacity of about 2.86 lakh
seats in 188 designated trades, only about 2.01 seats could be
Minister of State for Human Resource and Development
D Purandeswari said, "Bringing dignity to vocational and skill
development programmes" is the prime concern today.
She suggested providing multi-lateral entry and exit
system in the education system to make vocational education
more attractive and said her ministry was trying to integrate
the polytechnic institute with the mainstream education
The meeting also accepted widening the coverage of
apprenticeship training scheme by including new trades meant
for unorganised sectors.
It also agreed to develop a web portal through which an
employer and establishment can choose right kind of candidates
as apprentices and prospective trainees can apply to employers
for apprenticeship training.
The meeting also favoured to withdraw norms like
issuing no objection certificates to out-station candidates
seeking engagement in an establishment and online issue of
national apprenticeship certificate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in